Interpreter Continuing Education Seminar: Save the Date!
On Saturday September 9th, 2017 in Albuquerque, the NM Administrative Office of the Courts will be offering a full-day series of continuing education workshops for a variety of skill levels. Most workshops will be language-neutral and one will focus on American Sign Language. Topics will include: Aspiring & New Interpreters' Workshop; Phrasal Verbs; Intonations; Remote Interpreting; and Interpreting for Jurors. More information coming soon!
- Requirements for Spoken Language Interpreter
To be in compliance with 2017 requirements you need:
- 2017 Membership in a Professional Association;
- 20 hours of AOC-approved professional education including
- at least 2 hours of AOC-approved ethics training
Important Notes: Once you've met the above requirements:
- We will not be tracking CEUs once you reach the 20-hour requirement.
- Likewise, we will not be tracking your association memberships beyond one.
- Please do not send us certificates, membership association cards, etc., but keep them for your own records.
- Please remember that this is a 2-year period, 2016-2017.
- The Quick Reference Spreadsheet gives you an overview of your status.
- The Detail Spreadsheet indicates what we have in your file.
Please contact us only when you have reviewed both spreadsheets and compared with your records and see that we are missing a critical item that leaves you out of compliance.
Note: To open files or links on this website, your browser must be set to allow pop-ups.